OSTTC has a unique approach to Welder Training based on the needs of the student entering the welding field. In order for the student to get a firm grasp on entry level welding, our training programs are designed to teach proper welding skills and instill good work ethics. This course involves various types of welding, to ensure the knowledge and proper skills needed to obtain the All Position welding tickets. Training is achieved through theory and hands on experience
Require formal interview with Administrative officer
Preference for grade 12 or equivalent, must be 18 years of age or older
Willing to travel for employment and must have reliable transportation.
Course Outline and Information:
Theory and practical work include preparation for:
- Shielded Metal Arc Welding(SMAW)
- Flux Core Arc Welding (FCAW)
- Gas Metal Arc Welding (MIG)
- Oxy-Acetylene Cutting and Plasma Cutting
Additional Classes include:
- Workplace Hazardous Materials Information System [WHMIS]
- Introduction to Health and Safety Training
- A basic introduction to welding theory and practices
- Introduction to blueprint reading and welding symbols
Full time participants in the program are provided with: welding helmet, gloves, chipping hammer, wire brush and a welding jacket.
Hours and Duration:
eight week program, Monday to Friday 9am to 4pm.
Note: part time and evening courses may be considered if enrolment is substantial.