The Metal Fabricator program is designed to describe the trade of Metal Fabricator.
Over the course of three months, students will learn how to fabricate and repair carbon steel structures, how to read and interpret engineer drawings, plan and implement the sequence of assembly, perform calculations and apply formulae to layout patterns and shapes. Students will then be able to cut out resulting patterns and shapes using oxy-fuel torches and plate shears.
This program will provide students with a paid internship at Walter’s Group, Princeton Campus, one day a week. Graduates of this program will be able to seek many positions available through Walter’s and many other companies.
Be at least 18 years of age or a mature student
Grade 12 Diploma or GED
- Provide highschool transcript
Complete Academic Assessment
- Must have Grade 12 Math at C/M/U level
Major Topics include:
- How to Fabricate
- Repairing Carbon Steel Structures
- How to Read and Interpret Engineer Drawings
- Plan and Implement Sequence of Assembly
- Perform Calculations and Apply Formulae
- Knowledge of Measurements, Fractions, Decimals
- SI Metric and Imperial Systems
Hours and Duration
Hours: Monday to Friday 9:00 am to 4:00 pm
Duration: January 9th, 2023 – May 1st, 2023[In class instruction]
Deadline to register is December 2, 2023. All applications must be submitted before 4pm on the deadline date. Applications will be considered complete when ALL forms are filled in FULL and required documentation is provided.